I am super excited to make it to IFB’s Links à la Mode. Each week IFB reviews and selects the top 20 links to share on their site. Check out my Zimmerman inspired dress and links to other great posts that made the round-up this week. Happy Friday!
September is always weird. The leaves start changing colors, the sweaters and coats are in the stores, we’re back to school, summer’s over… but it’s still stupidly hot! I’ve always been so excited about fall, I’d be sweating in my boots, and wearing sweaters anyway. What a girl does for fashion, right? Well, this week, we have all kinds of transitional posts. Transitioning from teenager to adult, summer to fall, day to night, and the call for fashion week to transition to the next level. We also have a hilarious post about 20th century fashion as predicted in the 19th century, it’s so spot on–not. Either way, pull up a tall iced-tea (remember, it’s hot out!) and take a look through these links.
Links à la Mode: September 12th
- Attire Club: Discussions On India’s Obsession With Fair Skin
- Beauty & Sass: take your summer dresses into fall with these essentials
- Chicisms: How to Dress Business Casual & Go from Work to a Night Out
- Corals and Cognacs: A Love Letter to New York City (in the wake of 9/11)
- Fashion Moriarty: Recurring Images: Combat
- Fleur d’Elise: 6 Un-Boring Coats forFall
- Foxie Oxie Supernova: Paris Photo Diary: An Open Letter to My 18-Year-Old Self
- Girl in Betsey: Diane Von Furstenburg NYFW Review
- Happy Pretty Sweet: A Brief History of the Dirndl
- Lara Lizard: 1893 and predictions of 20th century fashion
- Runway to Style Freaks: The Top Men’s Fall 2013 Must Have Trends
- See Lark!: Easy DIY: Graffiti Dress
- Skye Charlie Show: Consignment Vs. Thrift Store
- Stilettos and Tequila: Behind The Scene: How To Be A Better Writer And More
- Style Bizarre: Say no to Style Labels
- The Girl With The Bun: 3 ways to dress for fall (when it still feels like summer)
- Tickle Me Chic: Does Fashion Week Need To Be Revamped?
- Undercover Dress-Up Lover: How to wear high-waisted shorts
- We Are Ready Made: A Pair of Shoes Everybody Should Own
- Wild Beauty: Beauty Archetypes: Whores