Happy Thanksgiving to all my US friends at home and abroad! This is the time of year that we always hope will slow down but ends up getting busier than ever. As we embark on the holiday season, it is easy to get wrapped up in the stress of family, work, and just “getting things done”. It’s important that when you are in that moment to take a step back and think about what truly matters. I was reminded of this lesson when I recently learned of a friend’s illness. His outlook on the future and his treatment is humbling and inspiring. With him in mind, I want keep things in perspective…don’t sweat the small stuff and be thankful for the big stuff. Here’s what I am thankful for:
- My overall health and well-being
- Loving husband, parents, sister, in-laws, and family
- Wonderful friends that you pick up right where you left off
- Great medical care and the French firemen who happen to be walking by with their emergency kit when I broke my foot in Thailand
- The speedy recovery and rehabilitation of said broken foot and having access to such services
- Last, but certainly not least, you! Thanks for taking time to read SEE LARK! and supporting its growth.