It wouldn’t be New Year’s Eve without a proper recap on the year. This is the time of year, I comb through “Best Of” lists re-living events, reading up on ones that I wasn’t even aware of (hello, get my head out of the sand), and discovering new music.
Take a read through a few of my favorite lists reviewing the year in fashion, music, television, and the occasional oddity. Anything surprise you? Did you call it before it was a hit?
- Read up on the most viewed and discussed articles on the business of fashion (via The Business of Fashion)
- Drool and lust over pretty baubles, clothing, and decor from the finest fashionistas, musicians, and actors at The Coveteur’s 13 Best of 2013
- This recap proves that you can’t have too many LBDs (via Harper’s Bazaar)
- It has become a tradition in my household to review Pitchfork’s Top 100 Tracks and see how many we know and how many new songs to add to our playlist
- Not to be outdone, compare and contrast Pitchfork’s picks to NPR’s Top 100. They both seem to agree on Drake and Daft Punk (among others)
- According to the World Almanac, the royal baby made it to the top 10 news stories of the year (via Washington Post)
- Misspellings can be a pet peeve (“lose” and “loose” are two different words!), Buzzfeed shares this year’s most misspelled words
- The good and the bad of TV and pop culture summarized in a single twerk (via The Wrap)