I have become a huge fan of second hand sales and consignment shopping of late. With the introduction of online communities like Poshmark and Bib and Tuck, it has made it way easier to find that “pot of gold” at silver prices. I have had recent luck scoring an Hermes bracelet, Chanel bag, and Valentino kitten heels that I thought I would start a semi-regular series showcasing designer finds sold at a *reasonable* discounted price. (maybe I don’t need that feather dress but perhaps you do!). I bring attention to the word reasonable, because there is no such thing as buying an authentic Chanel for $100. That is unrealistic. This is to help those genuinely wanting to invest in designer without paying top dollar. As a bonus, sites like Poshmark also now offer authentication services and return policies of items are not as described so it makes it that much easier to trust in second hand sales. What was your greatest designer steal or deal?
1. Indulge in feather adorned heels by Jason Wu ($350, originally $1000+)
2. Who wouldn’t love a Clare V duffle bag? ($375, originally $729)
3. Rag and Bone Newbury booties are always in style ($120, originally $550)
4. This gently used Saint Laurent Muse bag is a steal ($550, originally $1200)
5. Nude color Valentino’s make me swoon ($499, originally $900)