It seems like every year when winter comes along, I can’t stop complaining about the weather. Mentally, I don’t associate March with sleet and freezing rain…ugh. Needless to say it has left me a little less than enthused to get dressed. My post on How to Wear Color was a good mental pick-me-up and I am pleased to learn that it has also made IFB’s weekly roundup. In addition to my tips on wearing color, these top 20 posts of the week also adds inspiration. I particularly like Inexpensive Chic’s How to Dress Stylishly in the Extreme Cold and Ginger Side of Life’s How to Get That Perfect Bun. Happy Reading!
Believe it or not, the fashion industry is the second most dangerous industry to the planet. Between the (leather) tanning, gold mining and dye industries, fashion may look great on you, but not so much on “Mother Earth.” This week we have links to bloggers who are looking into what it means to be a kinder consumer of fashion. And of course, we’re all still gossiping about that Oscar’s red carpet too.
Links à la Mode: February 26th
- Adorned in Armor: Dear Black People, You Are Your Hair. Love, America
- A Glamourous Revelation: I Was *That* Annoying Fashion Blogger
- Art Becomes You: 7 Pairs of Zara Shoes or 1 Pair of Jimmy Choo?
- Chicagoings: The 5 Items You Need for Winter
- Christine Violet: Nature Inspired Fashion
- Chromo Beauty: A Chat With Allison Raskin
- DressCode:HighFashion: Top 10 Oscar’s Looks
- Fashion Culturalist: 7 Lessons in Fashion from NYFW
- Fashion Trends and More: Philadelphia Fashion Week
- Ginger Side of Life: How to Get the Perfect Bun
- Hello Handbag: Drool worthy Bags With a Compassionate Twist
- I Can Style U: Dude Create a Fury for Spring 2015
- Inexpensive Chic: How to Dress Stylishly in The Extreme Cold
- Les Assorties: OWAIS HAJI X MAHEEN KHAN
- Life in the Fash Lane: 7 Things I Learned About Fashion Blogging
- Riva la Diva: DIY Burberry Prorsum’s Scarf Look
- See Lark: How to Wear Color
- Storybook Apothecary: That Time My Boyfriend And I Joined OK Cupid
- TLV Birdie: Scandinavian Minimalist Makeup
- Wishing for Chanel: Going Cruelty Free