I haven’t been able to devote as much time to the blog lately. Life has been (and continues to be) hectic with a baby and now returning to work. I previously had more free time to share all the fun and cool things I encountered – a new outfit, decorating a room, or travel to a cool place. When I became pregnant, I thought it was a great space to share and promote baby bump styles. I have always purposefully kept things light hearted and geared towards the sunny side of life…because who wants to hear me complain? Then A arrived and you know what? Things got hard…really hard…and it left me with little time or inspiration to think or talk about fashion, style, or anything “fun”. With these hardships and new found responsibilities, I discovered “mommy blogs” and devoured every essay out there about post-baby weight, lack of sleep, and how things in general change after having a child. I am grateful for these resources and the women who shared a piece of their experience. I want to pay it forward and share a few posts that helped me maintain sanity. Happy reading and for new mommas out there…hang in there, you are not alone!
- Why some mothers choose to bottle feed
- A fantastic interview with the author of All Joy, No Fun that sums up the paradox of modern day parenthood
- The struggle with wanting time for yourself
- How not to compare how your baby sleep with how other babies sleep
- What is normal baby sleep
- A perspective on co-sleeping
And a few humorous posts because if you don’t laugh, you’ll cry…