January is typically not anyone’s favorite month. Everyone is coming off the holiday highs and Spring is still in the distant future. January birthday babies are probably the only exception to this feeling. Every year, I remind myself that my birthday follows shortly after New Year’s and the fun doesn’t end. When family members ask what I would like for my birthday, I never know the answer. My wants range from “of the moment” needs to things that are super expensive (a girl can dream). Nowadays, I think more carefully since a gift needs some practicality or it will be left unused. So I curated a small set of favorites that meet both function and luxury.
1. Statement Leather Jacket – I have been living in my budget-friendly version for a few years and given how versatile this type of clothing can be, it’s time I stepped up to an investment piece.
2. Monochromatic Sneakers – I have a tough time styling sneakers with my wardrobe. They always seem too sporty and a wedge sneaker doesn’t really provide me comfort. I am in love with these Nike Air Max Thea shoes because they are slim and offered in a wide range of monochromatic colors making it feel a little dressier.
3. Everyday Fragrance – I have become a recent fan girl to Jo Malone after wearing their English Pear and Freesia. I have been wanting a Winter counterpart and their Wood Sage and Sea Salt has a very subtle and musky scent that I love.
4. Delicate Earrings – After a couple of years wearing statement jewelry, I have switched to minimal pieces. They can be worn with anything and everything and pretty hard for a toddler to yank out (ouch!). I have my eye on this Dana Rebecca “huggies” pair.
5. Spa Services – You can never go wrong with spa gift cards. Whether it’s a facial or a much needed massage, a present like this assures that I will take time out for myself.
PS – I still love this birthday suit.